Hurricane Harvey Response
Sunday, September 24, will be our last day for the Big Feed and other donations, but stay informed and actively engaged in making a difference in South Texas. Here are some opportunities:
There will be a Texas Baptist Men Disaster Relief training on Saturday, September 30 at Bethlehem Baptist Church (1188 W Broad St, Mansfield, TX 76063) from 9 AM until noon. Here’s how to register: www.texasbaptistmen.org — Click on Events. Find training and click on the one you want to attend. Also a background check must be submitted at that time. Cost is $40. Includes background fee ID badge and lanyard.
Here are some other ways for you to serve and respond to Harvey:
- http://texasbaptists.org/harvey-response shows the different ways churches and individuals can help.
- http://texasbaptists.org/church2church shows the list of damaged churches and their needs. Churches can contact damaged churches directly to partner with them.
- Mission Arlington is collecting goods for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Check out their website for more details.
- LOVEFIRST Disaster Relief efforts in Houston, a ministry of Houston’s First Baptist Church, is another way you can help. Click here to visit their website.
- Union Association provided this link as an option for service — volunteerhou.org
- John Thielepape put together a document that is hard to top so we are including it here. Thanks, John, for your great work!
- BOUNCE 2017 – Harvey Affected Areas — Bounce has revised their 2018 ministry schedule to assist in recovery efforts in Harvey affected areas. Click here for more information.
- Tryon-Evergreen Association church message board related to disaster relief — click here to view
- While many communities in Texas are still dealing with the impact of Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma made landfall, causing significant issues for communities in Florida. The two hurricanes have caused millions of people to be displaced from their homes. Countless people have been affected by these unprecedented, catastrophic storms. Send Relief and our Southern Baptist Disaster Relief partners are responding to the needs of people impacted by both hurricanes. Please consider giving a gift to help with our relief efforts today. A gift of $50, $75 or $125 will help us provide crucial supplies to those affected by the storm. Thank you for your care and compassion during these difficult times.