Hurricane Harvey Response
Sunday, September 24, will be our last day for the Big Feed and other donations, but stay informed and actively engaged in making a difference in South Texas. Here are some opportunities:
There will be a Texas Baptist Men Disaster Relief training on Saturday, September 30 at Bethlehem Baptist Church (1188 W Broad St, Mansfield, TX 76063) from 9 AM until noon. Here’s how to register: www.texasbaptistmen.org — Click on Events. Find training and click on the one you want to attend. Also a background check must be submitted at that time. Cost is $40. Includes background fee ID badge and lanyard.
Here are some other ways for you to serve and respond to Harvey:
- http://texasbaptists.org/harvey-response shows the different ways churches and individuals can help.
- http://texasbaptists.org/church2church shows the list of damaged churches and their needs. Churches can contact damaged churches directly to partner with them.
- Mission Arlington is collecting goods for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts. Check out their website for more details.
- LOVEFIRST Disaster Relief efforts in Houston, a ministry of Houston’s First Baptist Church, is another way you can help. Click here to visit their website.
- Union Association provided this link as an option for service — volunteerhou.org
- John Thielepape put together a document that is hard to top so we are including it here. Thanks, John, for your great work!
- BOUNCE 2017 – Harvey Affected Areas — Bounce has revised their 2018 ministry schedule to assist in recovery efforts in Harvey affected areas. Click here for more information.
- Tryon-Evergreen Association church message board related to disaster relief — click here to view
- While many communities in Texas are still dealing with the impact of Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma made landfall, causing significant issues for communities in Florida. The two hurricanes have caused millions of people to be displaced from their homes. Countless people have been affected by these unprecedented, catastrophic storms. Send Relief and our Southern Baptist Disaster Relief partners are responding to the needs of people impacted by both hurricanes. Please consider giving a gift to help with our relief efforts today. A gift of $50, $75 or $125 will help us provide crucial supplies to those affected by the storm. Thank you for your care and compassion during these difficult times.
Bill Glass – Behind the Walls
Bill Glass Prison Ministry – Weekend of Champions
Recruiting volunteers for DFW ministry weekend Nov 3-4 visiting juvenile and adult facilities. Early registration through Sept 17; registration ends Oct 8. Visit www.behindthewalls.com/event-calendar for details and to register
Allies in Youth Development Banquet
Register to attend Allied in Youth Development’s Annual Banquet where you’ll hear recent news, latest outcomes, and personal testimonies of ministry to orphans in Eastern Europe. Learn how you can become involved with this international ministry through prayer and resources.
For more information about the Color Their World Banquet, CLICK HERE
Be a part of stocking our local pantries with nutritional food for those less fortunate and for the recipients of our Community Outreach Day. Let’s be God’s hands and feet in our community as we are “on mission” for Christ. Pick up a bag to fill at entry ways to our building and at the Well House. Return by September 24.
Community Outreach 2017 – Fall
Come be a part of this church wide event of serving those less fortunate in our community. 130 service projects to pick from. work with teams of 10 to 12 to complete your project that morning. The Community Outreach 2017 event allows us to be the hands and feet of Jesus in our community.
For more information about Community Outreach, CLICK HERE
El Salvador Mission Trip
- “Mission El Salvador” is a short term evangelism trip to Ahuachapan, El Salvador. Volunteers will assist leading Kids Clubs in local neighborhoods and schools. They’ll also take part in park evangelism. Another goal is to support the local churches by attending special services.
- This mission trip hosted by retired Pastor and Walnut Ridge church member David Groves
Check back for information about future trips
This trip to Zaragoza, Mexico is designed for families and anyone interested in an international mission experience.
For Details contact: Jared Jacobs 817-915-7026; firstname.lastname@example.org; or Jerry Ritchie 817-473-1461; email@example.com
CHECK BACK FOR INFORMATION ABOUT FUTURE TRIPS