God has been generous to each of us with His blessings of life, forgiveness, unconditional love, and salvation. We believe that life is better when we are generous to God and to each other. For that reason, we believe in being generous with our time, talents, and money. When you give to financially support Walnut Ridge, you invest in what God is doing in our community.
As followers of Jesus Christ, we understand that everything belongs to God. Therefore, we look upon ourselves and “our” possessions with an understanding that we are stewards of God’s possessions rather than owners. A steward is a manager of someone else’s property. The Bible teaches that God owns it all and that we are merely stewards of His resources. At Walnut Ridge, we use the offerings to support the ministries that share the life-changing message of Jesus Christ throughout Mansfield…and all over the world.
In fact, through the generosity of our church members, Walnut Ridge is able to support short-term missionaries to travel somewhere in the world every 20 days!
Here are a few Scriptures about generous living…and giving:
‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the LORD Almighty.—Haggai 2:8
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”—Matthew 6:19-21
“Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.”—2 Corinthians 9:7
END OF YEAR GIVING
The approach of a New Year and the benefits of tax deductions motivate many to give above and beyond their normal contributions. The last day to give in each year is on December 31st one of the following ways:
- Mail your gift (it must be postmarked no later than 12/31 of given year) to Walnut Ridge Baptist Church, 1201 SH 360, Mansfield, TX 76063
- Give online no later than 12/31 midnight: click here.
- Use the WRBC App – click on GIVE – no later than 12/31 midnight.
- Drop it in the church secured mailbox on 12/31– no later than midnight
Contribution statements (for tax purposes) will be emailed before 1/31 each year (check your spam folder.)
Click here to give
Members currently using recurring giving online:
- CHANGES: Walnut Ridge now uses ShelbyNext to process online and mobile donations
- PREVIOUS: At your convenience, please login to this website and cancel your recurring giving – ServiceU
- NEW: Then set up recurring giving through this website – ShelbyNext
- For assistance, contact the church office: